If you missed our Annual Autumn Sale, don’t worry, it won’t be long until our Spring Clearance Sale:
Saturday, February 7 from 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday, February 8 from 10 am to 4 pm
The Spring Clearance Sale will be held at the Bürgerhaus in Haar (Kirchenplatz 1
If you’ve never been to our Spring clearance sale, it’s just a 5 minute walk from the S-bahn (S4) in Haar. Signs will be posted along the way to guide you to the sale. To view a map, see: http://www.gemeinde-haar.de/media/custom/1718_674_1.PDF?1353924771
We have thousands of books available, so there is really something for everyone! As this is a clearance sale of the books left over from our annual Autumn sale, the books will be priced at 2-for-1. For every two books you buy, the cheaper one is free. So it’s a great chance to stock up on your favorite authors and subjects.
As always, 100% of the proceeds will be used to provide practical assistance to families and orphans in Ilembula, Tanzania. With the income from past book sales, we have:
- Provided support for AIDS orphans (school supplies and school uniforms)
- Paid for the education of kindergarten teachers, nurses and solar technicians
- Helped pay for the building of an AIDS education center
- Provided the means for the HIV-positive group to start a small business renting out chairs and tents for weddings, meeting and other events
- Bought braille paper, and bell-equipped footballs for blind students
- Paid for the shipment of donated chairs, tables and material for the center for orphaned and disabled children and teens, kindergarten and the AIDS education center
- Paid for the building of adobe stoves to reduce deforestation through more the efficient use of firewood, plus prevent smoke-related lung diseases and burn injuries
The “Ilembula” project was established over 25 years ago, and has worked continuously since then to enhance the lives of the community of Ilembula, Tanzania through health, education and environmental initiatives.
Please browse this website to see photos of some of the things we’ve funded with the book sale proceeds
Very many thanks to all of you who have donated so many books.
Donations: This book sale is only possible with your donations of English-language books and DVDs. We particularly welcome your donations of children’s books.
The following items are also desperately needed by the community in Ilembula. Please drop off any of these items with your book donations or bring them to the sale and we’ll send them directly on to our partners in Africa: Encyclopedias (recent), medical, surgery, midwifery, nursing, anatomy or botany books, National Geographic magazines, shoes (clean, no winter boots, please!), laptop computers (no matter how outdated, as long as they are in working order), cutlery, tools, musical instruments, mechanical typewriters. Please do not leave any clothes, as transportation costs to Africa are much too high to make it worthwhile.
Phone: Gerlinde Rückert (089) 463 198
Kirsten Braun (089) 46 20 32 64
Facebook: Munich English Book Sale